Tuesday, May 6, 2014

DBPW Day 93 HE LIVES!

If you refer to the link attached you will read the sad tale of a fish so close to the end of it's life we had created a special box for his burial.  He's so fat, (I am sorry but "fat" must be said, I am NOT fat shaming this fish, he is beautiful in his rotund ways), that we couldn't flush him down the toilet.  He'd plug one for sure.  He is what they refer to as a "fancy goldfish" with an odd full shape and a beautiful flowing tail.  His colours are gorgeous, orange, blue, black, all spotted and colorful.  This fish just happened to have swallowed a tennis ball.  I cannot properly stress how big this fish is.  It truly ate a tennis ball when we weren't looking. 

FATTY FISH

Up until about three weeks ago this fish was lying on the bottom of the pond sideways, sometimes even upside down and couldn't right itself.  It's so big I think it's tummy prevented him from rolling over.  Okay I need you all to come visit my house and see me do my imitation of the fish that can't roll over.   *grunt* *roll* "whoo whoo I did it".  Imagine a tennis ball with a tail and then add a turtle upside down struggling to right itself and you have both me (doing an imitation) and the fish itself.  The only difference being, I am more turtle than tennis ball-ish.

When I was away this weekend my husband sent me this picture:


We are blackberry die hards so excuse the shitty picture.  This does not do justice to the size of this fish.  This fish is perhaps 8 inches from the nose to the end of the "fancy tail".  It looks like a regular fancy goldfish until you look under it and it explodes outwards from it's belly.  It has to wiggle it's entire body to move.  I kid you not, it has got to be minimum 4 inches, perhaps 5, WIDE!  I am not shitting you.  The tag line to my husband sending me this picture?  "Subject: Can't kill this fish".  Message body: "Fat fucker just came up to eat and swam back down to the bottom.  I can only assume it needed to lie down from the exertion of swimming to the top of the pond for the meal". 

All I can think of when I look at this fish is, "just keep swimming, just keep swimming" and the lessons from the movie"Finding Nemo".  Never give up.  We were two seconds away from scooping this bastard up and putting him out of his misery.  I am not sure how.  Hold it's gills shut?  But the fat little bastard wouldn't give up.  I guess it was just resting?



If this fish can keep going from half dead to perfectly peppy SO CAN YOU!  All this thing wants is to be fed once a day.  I think during hibernation it was ready to give up because we weren't feeding it, it's favorite pastime. 

I cannot believe a fat fucking goldfish has taught me a life lesson.

Never give up.  Even when you are flat on your back and not sure you will ever be right again.  Never give up.
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment