Friday, May 16, 2014

DBPW - Day 103 I just wanna....


Diary of a Bi Polar Woman Day 103

“I just wanna punch you in the face!”

Oh yes, that’s right.  That’s what I said to my husband out of the blue yesterday.  It was after dinner, we were watching TV together, I was reading, he was watching, nothing had happened.  I just announced it was how I was feeling.  He replied laughing, “I know, I can tell, trust me I am walking on eggshells”.  Wow.  How amazing must it be to be my husband right now?  His response just made me burst into tears.  I cannot believe he loves me.
 
 

I am weaning off an anti-depressant called Cymbalta right now.  Apparently it can counteract with my Bi Polar medication.  I was getting this antsiness in the afternoons which was making me squirrelly.  I was on 90 mg at breakfast.  This drug, it’s all been known to help with chronic pain which I have.  I have noticed that all my old aches and pains are back.  Bursitis in my shoulder, inflamed achilles tendon, bad knee.  All down the same side from an accident years ago.  All coming back screaming so the drug works for pain, I will say that much. 

I also think this drug has basically had my temper, and maybe all my emotions, under control for 7 years.  I feel more like myself these days in many ways but…..I shouldn’t really want to punch my husband.  I love him with every fibre of my being but he’s making me crazy.  Do you have any idea what it feels like to look at the man you love and feel this way when he says, "I love you"?  LOL You probably do, yours was just a passing moment of time.  Mine’s been this whole week. Ever since I started reducing the drug significantly.  L

I feel horrible.  I really do.  I hope this changes.  I hope I am just getting back some emotions I lost being drugged.  I hope it’s just PMS and “the change”.  It’s a little scary when you think, “Jesus, could this be permanent?”  How do you live loving someone you wanna punch in the face?  It doesn’t make for nice family occasions. 

I used to feel this way about all humans years ago.  They all made me punchy.  Maybe it’s just because he is the only human right in my face.  I mean he works from home so….we are always around each other right now.  Can you imagine your spouse being around you 24/7?  You can?  And you don't want to punch them?  Fuck.

Oh just try living in this head for a minute before you judge.

Well, all that was written earlier this morning.  We have now decided I cannot go off this drug.  My how things change. 
 
I am just too emotional.  Maybe I am too emotional a person but I cannot live with this volume of emotion.  I sobbed watching the Grey’s finale today. I don’t mean I cried a little, I sobbed as if someone I loved had just died.  It was bordering on uncontrollable.  Then because of that emotion I got angry with myself and the brain I have.  Why me?  I don’t want this.  *insert more tears here* 

And then I yelled at the dog.  I have only done that one other time in my life and it was when I decided to leave work in the first place.  I knew when I yelled at my furry little son that loved me unconditionally it was time to change, significantly. Funny how that became the final straw and one with which the hubby agrees.  Even he realizes if I yell at the dog it’s gone too far. 

Back on the Cymbalta I will go.  One in the morning, one at night starting tomorrow and see if this doesn’t even off my temper.  He will track the results, the husband alongside me and see if I don’t improve because even though I wanna punch him in the face, he is my “person” (ode to Christina Yang) and with him I shall face this head on because I have to.  I have no choice.

Sometimes we just don’t have a choice.  Life kicks and we have to take it. 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment