Saturday, May 24, 2014

DBPW Day 111 - Gaggle of Giggling Girls....

"Jesus, it sounds like there's a hundred of the fucking things down there".

That's how my husband expressed his surprise over how loud 4 giggling school girls can be down our looooong hallway.  They actually bounced off the walls and came down to us in sound as clear as a whistle.  It startled him right off his seat as he thought there were more of them than he had brought home all of the sudden.  It was hysterical for me as he has NO IDEA how loud they can be.  They had barely touched the "gaggling giggling" surface.

And they keep moving.  Our house is a ranch house, all one level, but it's 4000 square feet of just house, let alone double garage and guest area.  It's really long.  Like really long.  And my husband keeps losing track of the gaggle.  They appear at the laundry room, he walks down the hall, they are gone, now they are at the front door.  We women when together, unless there's alcohol to tie us down, we don't stop moving.  Maybe if there's enough food we will.  He keeps missing them.  "Was that Emma?" he said this morning.  "Yes" I said, "she's in her room".  So he yells down the hallway, "Don't move, just stay where you are until I find you".  Was awesome.

I guess they are having a good time considering they haven't stopped moving or giggling yet.  All clear, so far.  It's when any or all end in tears that we have a problem.  Nine times out of ten it's mine because they are making her crazy and she doesn't want to tell anyone, she keeps it bottled up until her head wants to explode. I can relate.  I roll that way too, though typically I let it out before my head pops off.  She doesn't.  She gets a migraine.  Poor thing.  Yell at someone already!

I guess there's a girl up here who has never been away from home, as in further away from the city than a half hour without her parents for more than a night.  She takes 7 different type of after school activities and in the car on the way, she read a book rather than watched a movie the entire drive.  This is the kid I want to keep an eye on.  This is social suicide for her if she can't keep it together but this is a big step trying to put up with 3 girls for an entire weekend for the first time.  She will be my little pet, I will take her under my wing.  Well, her and my own of course. 

By my own I mean step daughter.  I just, "my own", as when she is here, technically she is my own responsibility, I am the stand in parent.  It's my job to step in for her mother who can no longer be here while at the same time recognizing she has, and doesn't need, another Mommy.  She has one already.  It's a fine line of parenting this step parent thing is.  I am good at it.  I know that.  She is lucky to have me if I do say so m'self.  I learned a lot from my parents failed attempts at divorce parenting and I swore I would never do that to a child.  And I haven't.  I know the kids Mom has done some typical step parent bashing, and that's okay, egos are a fragile thing.  I will just never put my own fragile one ahead of the kids needs.  Never. 


 


Being a step parent basically means you accept fully, that you will always come in second place.  Sometimes even in third to the ex.  The kids are always first and sometimes when there's like a funeral or a wedding and it's uncomfortable, you need to step back and say, "okay the kids and their mother come first here" and I am okay with that.  I will always do what is best for those kids.  Don't get me wrong, if I have to stand up for myself I will but not at the expense of the kids.  Ever.  There is no need, I don't need have my ego fulfilled at their expense.  Draining their fragile developing egos to fill my own makes me sick to think of.  Shameful. 


 
My husband just came in to inform me what piggy's little girls are.  I guess he went over to the guest area and they had made a pigsty of the joint.  LOL  The garbage was over flowing.  Swizzle stick wrappers were all over the floor with leftover sugar.  Blurp goo was left on a tray on the ottoman and had soaked right through.  I guess I will need to go see and have a what for with these little monsters.  There is a respect lesson that needs to sometimes be reminded at this age.  14 is about the right time to learn what respect for property means don't you think?  The expense of things?  It's okay, the ottoman was only custom made for the couches for about 2 grand.  I am sure between the 4 of them they can afford it, dontcha think???

Back in a jiffy.

It wasn't as bad as he said.  Was worse last year.  Girls are disgusting.  Even when I have girlfriends over I am forever running behind everyone with a cloth.  I just like things clean and organized where I think most women because they keep everything clean and organized all week, give up on a girls weekend.  I can't stand a sticky counter.  Makes me crazy(ier).  I think most Bi Polar people would say they have a little OCD, and mine shines when there are a lot of people around making little livable messes that my mind deems unlivable. 

The gaggle are off canoeing now so I am going to read a book and try to focus on anything other than being Bi Polar, having PMS and menopause.  Let's see what a little Danielle Steele can do to make me forget shall we.  And yes, I admit to reading her fluff.  I barely read the pages, I can be distracted all day and never lose my place as each book barely varies from the other.  I will read something deeper during the week I promise, to make up for it.  It's a guilty cottage like pleasure.  Live with it.

I am sure you have some hidden cottage secrets, mine is Danielle Steele on a kids weekend, what's yours?




No comments:

Post a Comment