Sunday, May 25, 2014

DBPW - Day 112 Oh to be 14 again....

The funny thing is, I say "ohhh to be..." but 14 for me was a hard time.  My Mom had lost her mind from my parents divorce, and my Father was just gone.  So, no, I don't wish to be 14 again.  I wish to be of the age where all you cared and worried about was "what to do next" and you went until you fell asleep practically standing upright. 

Certainty that the day is young.

I have watched these youngsters all weekend and they've been decently responsible kids.  Each time I've walked in around a meal time they've been eating fruits or vegetables, with a side of cupcakes or candy but still, there was healthy in the mix.  You're never too old for a cupcake or candy with a side of fruits and vegetables!

They are picking up after themselves in that they don't seem to want to lose the cool t-shirts and shorts they love so they go on missions to find where they last left their shit.  Their phones are never lost, "like" ever.  They are so glued to those things it's surprising they know where they are at.  I keep expecting one to walk into a door frame they are so glued to them.  But again, responsible for them, they don't misplace those much.  Good thing too as they are all sporting IPhone 5s. 

There is never a shortage of things to do up here.  We live in a house on the lake, in cottage country.  The girls that have cottage'd or gone to camp before are continually hopping into canoes or kayaks and going out for little tours.  The city girls tend to stay in suntan mode up on the deck.  I am just happy to see half of them enjoying sports of any kind rather than JUST lying around.  When they are not in or on the water they are on the trampoline playing silly made up games that they come up with on the fly and don't care that the rules are being made just as fast and only to help each other win the game.  Doesn't seem to bother them in the slightest.

There's 4 of them up here, four 14 year old girls so there's a democracy in that everything seems to be done by a vote, when they tie, they ask me to break the tie.  I go with whomever has the least "silliest idea" I've informed them of this decision making power of mine and they rely on my vote without a disgruntled commentary. 

I've been fighting off this feeling of being antsy with nothing to do.  It's a Bi Polar thing where you feel like you are bursting with energy but you have no idea where or how to burn it and you wonder why you even have it as nothing seems worth it.  It's a very worthless feeling, like you are buzzing for no reason.  And I keep thinking, "life's not so bad girl, calm down, read a book, take a walk, just enjoy". 

And then I hear them giggling from 200 feet away up on the boathouse rooftop sundeck.

If only as adults we lived life so simply.

We'd be a lot happier if we stopped worrying about the bill and just paid what we could when we could and didn't worry about it in between.
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment