Saturday, March 1, 2014

DBPW - Day 27 ..you big cutie you!


Saturday March 1st, 2014 – Day 27

Husband got home at midnight last night, finally, after a week.  The kids tried to stay up, but Emma and I had to go to bed.  Jonathan managed to stay up.  Damn teenagers.  I woke up just for him to flop around to find his comfort position as he always does.  *sigh*  He’s the only person I know that can shake a Temperpedic, they weigh a half ton.  But I was so happy to have him home.

This morning was the usual head into town for a coffee and groceries.  If I get any more predictable I could be caught and become a Criminal Minds victim.  “He stalked you for 4 days and realized you NEVER change your routine”.  It’s okay though, I could take him.  Imagine what happens when you fuck with my routine.  It would be Criminal Minds reversed. 

A friend of mine has a daughter with Bi Polar.  In fact I am friends with the daughter as well.  Due to yesterday’s joyous day she needed to say basically, “breathe, meditate, try to calm down I don’t want you to crash”.  For many of you, yesterday was a day filled with errands no different than your day save for YOU also have at home or away full time job.  I do not.  But she knows my success at this full day could mean I am running manic, and she’s probably right.  I took my sleep medication and saw every hour last night and I was up at 7am.  UGH!

This Mother had a birthday the other day and I said to her, “Happy Birthday Beauty”.  It’s a phrase I do use often and I use it when I see or feel, or both, beauty.  Not only is this woman lovely looking but she is so wonderfully loving that “beauty” seems to fit.  I find beauty in a lot of people, it’s what I do.  And I love that saying.  If someone called me “beauty” it would melt my heart.  My husband calls me his beautiful and I love it.  I also like cute, adorable, sexy, and special like Jerry’s kids.  Just in case you wanted to know.  I think we should use these words as much as possible in today’s day and age full of ugliness at every turn.  Ukraine, Uganda, Russia, Arizona….all hate. 

I am extremely concerned about the status of women in the world.  We are making so much progress but the tendency in the world is to find faults in ourselves and others before beauty.  It needs to change.  We need to find a way to pull from our depths and find beauty and we need to talk about it so others find beauty.  I was in a store one day and was taken aback by a 70 year old woman's perfection and I told her so.  Her world spun around and she didn’t know what to do.  I just wanted her to know I thought her beautiful.  I do it all the time.  I will check out with a cashier in a grocery store and they will catch me staring and with my head turned much like a puppy being questioned I will say, “My god you are beautiful, I hope you know that”.  I can come close to tears for what I feel for the people I am saying it to because you can tell they are overwhelmed by my words.  And they shouldn’t be.  We should be expressing this stuff MORE.  Bring people up, not down. 

There is one thing about this that I don’t understand.  Why are compliments shrugged off?  Why don’t we take them in and fill ourselves with them, even when we give them to ourselves?  I know I am a bad with this too.  People compliment me and I brush them aside as if they are unbelievable, couldn’t possibly be true.  I am going to start saying, “aww thanks” and receive that belly full of goodness in.
 
I have to ask, people who are cute, pocket sized people.  The under 5’5”ers who have great little figures, beautiful smiles etc.  Why is it when we say “God you are so cute?” do you find that insulting?  I know all your lives you have gotten “cute” due to the pocket sizeness of you but is it not still a compliment that says, “you are adorable, beautiful, pretty, and…..pocket sized”.  It’s easier to say “cute” for us.  Just saying.  A compliment is a compliment, do NOT find the negative in any compliment.  Find the positive, go for the positive, make it positive. 

Hey you, ya you, you are cute as hell!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment