Monday, March 10, 2014

DBPW - Day 36 ER Anyone?

Well today started off as usual, the gym.  The problem however was, when I got there, it was FULL and I mean FULL.  My gym is Curves and I love it as I have said many a times.  It's all chunky monkeys and old gals.  There's some average peeps I wouldn't describe as chunky or old, they just like a gym that's a 30 minute circuit.  There's a machine then a mat board, a machine, mat board, etc etc.  You start at a mat board and end at the same one, two rounds later, having done each mat and machine twice.  I am now loving jogging on the spot.  Do you know the last time I jogged, anywhere?  Probably in my 20s to be honest unless you count the spurts of running in slo pitch.  And even then, I wasn't the fastest bird.  Jogging on the spot!  I'd forgotten I have big boobies.  Bruised chin.

Any who, back to the gym.  It was packed.  I took my time signing in and doing up my shoes until there was a break in the people allowing me to work out without a person at either side of me.  I just can't have people in my personal space in a workout.  People smell sometimes.  Stinky or perfume, breath or underarms.  None of them good.  But then sometimes they want to talk to me and maybe it's just about lettuce or something silly and I want to cut off my own head.  It's funny I always move myself in groups too to the far side of the room or outside of the group and almost always end up the center of attention.  I am shy at first.  And a little angry.  I want to know who might annoy me, to assess the room first.  I know my limitations and I don't want to be rude to someone or in holding rudeness back getting all worked up.  You know how I hate stupid people and worse, not telling them they are stupid. 

As I was working out the music was blaring as it often is.  There is a loud speaker that says "change stations now" to keep everyone moving on the circuit.  With the number of people in the gym it was pretty loud with all of them gaggling I like to say.  Talking shit, loudly.  Then a customer came in wanting the lo'down on what the gym was about so that conversation started and suddenly the phone rang.  The phone has to be loud to be heard over the sound system.  The message machine even louder so the trainers can hear if there is a cancellation.  At that moment in time I had the worst attack of sensory overload.  I almost left.  I bent over and just breathed as if I was winded from the work out but it was the Bi Polar, OCD thing at it's best.  Too much.  I swear in that moment I could hear the clock ticking too.  It was awful.  But I breathed, and breathed and was able to calm down and finish my workout.  I couldn't jog the rest of it after that, my chest was tight but I did it.  I didn't run out which I have done before in the middle of a work out.  I once had a trainer just take me for a walk because the gym had too many people in it, most of which were stuck up assholes.  I couldn't control my temper.  It's not easy being green, I mean me.  I am not green, Kermit is.  We are very cool the two of us though.  Both of us love Miss Piggy.  Random thoughts, insert here.

 
I love this one.  Dog, tree to pee on.  Human, well, everything.  Reflected again below. 


Random.

When I got home my brother was up, he comes and stays often these days, and he was working away on my laptop on a project for a job.  Dan was working so having nothing much else to do I settled in with my after gym coffee and found myself watching Kujo if you can believe it.  I never saw it when it came out originally, I was too young.  And my brother, being protective, told me I couldn't see it after he watched it.  He thought it would traumatize it.  And it did a bit even at my age today and knowing it was only a movie.  I am a bit of a suck when it comes to that kind of stuff.  Killer dog, take him to the vet don't kill him.  He was a little hungry though, for humans.  Hey, FYI, apparently if a dog is bit by a bat it will then become a human flesh eating monster.  Just so you know. 


 
I will never look at St. Bernards the same way again.  Never. 
 

Then, as my brother was still working away I decided to jump in the shower and then watch the next movie, Arachnophobia.  Dan joined me for this one and we both jumped out of our skin.  I had the itchies the ENTIRE movie, convinced things were crawling on me.  At one point I screamed my head off when I noticed an actual live spider crawling down the wall beside the TV.  I swear I peed a bit.  I didn't tell the boys this but I changed my undies after my brother rescued us.  Dan hates spiders.  Don't get on my ass about killing a spider. The fucker was huge, like the size of my pinky finger and it was at the scary part of the movie.  I'd have killed you to survive!


 
"Rock n' Roll" LOL I love John Goodman, especially in this role one of his first movies. 

 
Yes you are big fella, yes you are.

 
Campy movies or not this shit makes a girl pee. 
 

After sending my brother off packed up with enough food for an army of Irvings (my maiden name) I decided to write to you fine folks.  I was going to pack in the daily journaling to you.  I figured it was time.  I don't have all that much to say these days and my Bi Polar in a good phase so I thought maybe it was time to call it a day.  I was going to post that and just gather reactions.  That was until late tonight when many asked where I have been, why so quiet.  Apparently my blog posts aren't showing on Facebook feeds all that clearly so I am going to have to call "my person" to figure out what's what.  I am a little IT challenged.  My "person" that helps me has the patient of a saint.  Truly.

Tonight was interesting to say the least.  After calling TeleHealth the nurse determined and ordered my husband to the local ER.  You see back in December he went skiing and had a hard time mountain top breathing.  It's never happened to him before.  Finally 3-4 weeks ago I got him to go to the doctors, when shovelling outside he looked like he was going to pass out.  He ripped off his hat, scarf, opened his coat quite violently and bent over.  You know how you let things go like that, until you can no longer get your breath? NOT!  They determined he had pneumonia again, 5th time at least, and put him on antibiotics immediately.  10 days of drugs later he went on a week long snowmobile trip against my urges (nagging) not to.  A week later and yesterday he said to me, "I am not well".  I forced him to get a doctors appointment in a weeks time but when he napped today for 4 hours I had enough.  TeleHealth to the rescue.  Off we went to the ER around 5pm or so.  We made it out by 8pm!!!  That's not bad at all.  We were sent off with more antibiotics and inhalers.  None of which he will take unless I force him too.  The doctor in the ER told us that most of the men she sees are only there due to their wives some of which have things like collapsed lungs but this it's just a cold and will pass.  Men are unreal. 

While in the ER, did we ever see many a child.  Two were sick, one was just adorable.  Okay the two sick ones were adorable too.  Just saying only one wasn't sick.  One clearly had a urine infection as she held her whooo hawww constantly and complained when she came out of the bathroom, "Mommy peeing hurts", to anyone who'd listen.  The other, not sure but she crawled into the bed in the ER and was just lying there quiet.  She was about 3 years old and as many of you know, 3 year olds in a hospital, with stuff and people everywhere do not stay quiet unless they truly don't feel well.  She got a Popsicle.  Won't lie, I was jealous. 

Anything exciting happen in your day?  I am pretty tired. 

2 comments:

  1. I have issues with spiders as well. Back in June of 2011, I had the start of a panic attack at work. I made it through the day, came home and took my anxiety meds. The boyfriend and I went out to dinner and had chili mac, came home, watched some TV and started to get ready for bed at our usual time. I walk into the bedroom and just lost it. All I saw was spider webs and the huge ass spiders coming at me. They were everywhere. I was throwing my arms around trying to get them away from me, screaming at the top of my lungs (the windows were open too, so my neighbors were probably going WTF is wrong over there?) and crying hysterically. I kept yelling at my boyfriend because he couldn't see them. He would tell me to calm down, let's get out of your pajamas and put normal clothes back on and we'll go to the ER and figure out what's wrong with me. Every time he'd say that, I'd snap out of it and say very calmly and rationally, "You can't take me to the ER because they'll keep me for 72 hours because I'm hallucinating." Then as quickly as I snapped out of it, I'd go right back in and be screaming about the spiders. I even went as far as getting a can of hairspray and spraying it around the room because in my head, if I did that, he'd be able to see the spider webs because they'd glisten. He took that away from me, also got the can of bug spray away from me and took them out to the garage because he swore I was going to blow up the TV by spraying it around them. I tried to get him to find me a broom so I could put a pillowcase on the end of it and go around the room with it to get the spider webs off of the ceiling like my mom used to do. This went on for almost three hours, but every time he'd mention calling 911 or taking me to the ER, I'd become rational again for a few moments and then it was right back to being hysterical. Finally he got me into bed and got the lights off and just held me while I cried myself to sleep. We went to the doctor a few days later and he told my doctor what happened and I had to go have a CT Scan done to make sure I didn't have a tumor or anything pressing on a lobe of my brain. Had to have blood work done to make sure I wasn't on drugs (which I told the doctor I wasn't on anything other than the anxiety meds). I got a referral to go see a psych doc who after a 20 minute session told me I was schizophrenic and loaded me up on psych drugs. I went to a new psych doc in January of 2013 who, after I told him the whole story and what the other doc said, re-diagnosed me as bipolar with extreme anxiety and OCD tendencies. I've been on and off different bipolar meds since then. Currently I'm not taking anything because I don't have insurance (or a job) and can't afford them. I haven't had any hallucinations to that extreme...I do however ... see "spiders" all the time and occasionally I'll go up to the wall and look really close to see if it's my "spider" or a real spider. Most of the time it's my brain thinking it's there. But the few times it wasn't, I screamed like a little girl and ran away. My boyfriend and son are like just kill the damn thing and get it over with. But I won't touch them..lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh sweet girl, how hard a life. I wish this wasn't your life. I wish you could get the medicine you need. How strong you are. Remember that, you are a goddess of strength. Nicolle

      Delete