Thursday, March 27, 2014

DBPW - Day 53 The Have and Have Nots....

Is there a day in your life where you have thought, “I WANT that”, “I WANT what they have”, “WHY don’t I have that?” 

You know you have. 

You know you’ve looked at someone else’s body and said, “I want that”.

You know you’ve seen someone else’s house and said, “I want what they have”.

You know you’ve seen someone on vacation and thought, “Why don’t I have that when you see them folks in the villas etc?”



I do this allllll the time.  (with the tears and snots too)

I used to be addicted to rag mags, the paparazzi kind, the movie star ones.  In the past year I have fallen behind reading them.  I no longer wake and have coffee while reading a personal favorite Pink is the New Blog.  I just don’t care.  I realize the only reason I read the damn things was because it was what I wanted.  I wanted to be famous, thin, rich.  I wasn’t willing to get off the couch to do any of them, but I wanted them.  Wanting is not enough.  And wanting unreasonable things…..there must be some reality to your dreams.  That reality is the fact you are willing to put out (*snicker* I said put out), you must be willing to work for your dreams.

I have wanted to write a book and become famous and rich through it for years.  I have 5 at least started.  Pages and pages of writing, decent writing.  They have sat for years on my laptop.  In fact it’s been so long, there’s a good chance I will have to re-build an old laptop to get some of the stories re-started. 

I can accomplish my dreams if I am willing to work for them.  I want to write a book, I am blogging daily to create a book.  From there I will go forward with the rest of them.  I am taking a writing course in May.  I will sell that book.  And I will make money.  Making any money will make me richer.  There are all my dreams, set out in front of me with “will happen” in front of me.  I am taking the steps needed to fulfill my dreams. 

I don’t dream of being thin anymore.  I dream of being in less pain.  Mentally and physically.  Mentally I want to try on one outfit like I used to and move on.  Physically I want to carry less weight for my back.  I go to the gym 3-6 days a week now.  I plan on adding more activities as I get more in shape.  As for weight, I think I am going to try Weight Watchers again and it’s not to get THIN, that is not, nor can it be my goal.  I cannot focus on the unhealthy desires in the back of my mind, “being thin is beauty”, but the forefront, “being healthy is beautiful”.  I think I will get to 175 pounds of muscle.  I will be overweight but built like a brick shit house!  That’s a reasonable “can do”, “will do”.  And when I am there I am getting the most kickass tattoo up my hip to my ribs that will scream out of the two piece some may think I shouldn’t wear but I damn well will anyways!!!  At 175 I am a size 14, and that’s MORE THAN REASONABLE in a two piece Holla!!!!
I have a friend with a wonderful home, husband, cottage, ski chalet, two boys, two dogs, and a full active life.  She's beautiful, unique, funny and charming and makes good money.  She often brags about her children online and was told by someone that she shouldn't, that it's too much and she should be proud to just have children not their accomplishments.  It's this mindset that is the have nots, want lots.  You will do nothing but criticize others over what they have instead of getting off yer ass and admiring what you have and going for what you want.  Just do it as they say.  Start somewhere small and get on it.  These few sentences are my future.  What's yours?

Got any dreams you are going to make happen versus “wants” you will sit on the couch and think about?

 

But I want THAT one!
 Why can't I have THAT one!
Damn you!
 
 
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment