Monday, March 3, 2014

DBPW Day 29 - Oscars and stuff....


Monday March 3rd, 2014 – DBPW Day 29

I feel fine today everyone.  Just fine.  I went to the gym and kept to myself.  I saw the coffee window lady and the mail woman, that’s it.  My husband is away again.  L  It’s hard when he is away, I crash.  It’s like a hole is left where he was.  And if the kids were here, the hole is twice the size.  The funny part is I am annoyed around people but when they leave, ayyyye karumba, do I get sad.  But this too shall pass, tomorrow is another day to treat myself better and eat more mindfully than with a mind full of matter. 

I’ve been trying to get into a writing course in Florida.  Hosted by Hay House and one of the speakers, Dr. Wayne Dyer.  I really wanted to go but I cannot get through to anyone at Hay House.  I am on hold for hours when I try to get through by phone.  I’ve tried online, the system crashes.  I feel like somehow I am not supposed to go on this trip.  Otherwise there wouldn’t be these issues.  I can’t help but think there’s a reason this hasn’t been so simple and easy.   I am going to talk to the hubby about this, and the possibility Hay House runs its business this way, and make a final decision later this week.  I feel like I am not supposed to be there otherwise this would be much easier.  Especially when I am prepared for the fact I would have to travel and be in a course with hundreds of others, anxiety stressors for sure. 

Last night was the Oscars, if you aren’t a fan then I apologize for what comes next.  My reviews.  Ellen was genius.  Many don’t realize how truly awkward her humour is until you see it live, in front of a billion people.  When she was found randomly on the stage with a guitar I loved it.  Ordering pizza for the crowd.  Getting Meryl Streep on Twitter then subsequently crashing Twitter, awesome.  She is just special.  Her humour is not mean, there were digs but nothing hurtful, unless you think it’s hurtful to say Liza Minnelli is her best male tranny.  She didn’t think it was hurtful, she loved it.  You should see the backside of the Twitter picture, Liza’s trying her darnedest to get in the picture!  She’s trying to climb mount Channing Tatum, much like I would!  Ellen brought the Oscars back down to earth from the hoity toity stratosphere.  Apparently the most watched Oscars since 2005, the last time she did it.  And the most watched special since Friends ended!  And that’s how you host the Oscars.

Now the winners.  Lupita, for 12 Years a Slave.  Jared, for Dallas Buyer’s Club.  Kate, for Blue Jasmine.  Matt, for Dallas.  Gravity won almost every award but best picture, 12 Years a Slave did.  Alicia Moore, P!NK sang, “Somewhere Over the Rainbow” and it was spectacular.  Bette Midler sang, Karen O did, Farrell and finally Idina Menzel, who John Travolta, wrongly named entirely????  It had to be on the prompter in front of him?  It was weird.  P!NK was the winner, she killed it.  I cried it was that beautiful.  They were a beautiful awards and even though longer than I would have liked, I didn’t feel like “Isn’t this over yet with unnecessary performers/performances?”  I haven’t seen any of the movies but Blue Jasmine.  I hate Woody Allen but with Blanchett getting raves everywhere I had to see it.  It was a good movie, not great, a little slow for my liking BUT Blanchett actually makes you uncomfortable in her breakdown.  You think it’s you, you feel it her coming unraveled.  If you’ve ever come unraveled, you will feel it.  It hits close to home.  She deserved the award.  I can’t say if others should have won over her.  I cannot wait to see the rest of the movies now that they are all coming out on rentals.   I don’t do theatre movies, with my back injury I am very uncomfortable.  I squirm constantly in the seats.  I think I’ve seen 5 movies in the theatre in the last 10 years. 

Did you guys like the Oscars?

No comments:

Post a Comment