Sunday, March 23, 2014

DBPW Day 49 - We don't JUST eat on girls weekend, we talk too!

Well friends, my girl's weekend is at an end and I am sad, tired and in pain.  But all things said, it could be worse.  I could be hungover, sick, broken.....I am capable of all of them when there's alcohol around.  The fact I am not hungover, sick with an alcohol induced cold or have a broken bone or something of mechanical nature around the house is a miracle.  My own step son emailed me last night and asked only, "What's broken so far?" I mean really.  Rude! 

Three of my dearest friends left today.  One this morning and two just now.  I am sad to see them all go as I know it will be a while before I see them again as I live far away.  I am happy to get some down time before my doctor's appointments this coming week too though.  I have another starve day tomorrow and Tuesday am with a trip to the city tossed in for good measure.  I like my down time, I need it or I get too bitchy.  With a husband working mostly from home I don't get much alone time anymore.  Big bitch comes out when she has to behave too long.

So what was scientifically discovered on girls weekend?  One, I can no longer drink.  I like to, I like the taste even, especially of adult slurpies, slushy like drinks.  But I can handle two of them and I become giggle girl.  I am not a fan of giggle girl.  She makes my belly muscles hurt.  Two, alcohol causes hot flashes if you are in the throws of that "time", and I am.   I was swimming in my own clothes.  And three, alcohol is an inflammatory.  It is.  it's no wonder alcoholics are usually all bloated.  My back (spine) screams I pain when I drink alcohol, and I mean SCREAMS.  I feel like I fell down a flight of stairs on my back it's so bad.  I can hardly stand for any length of time, basically my back is as they say "out".  It's fucked up right now so apparently I still have alcohol in my system.  If you have any sort of inflammation issues, arthritis etc, DO NOT DRINK.  Or conversely, drink enough you don't care.   I didn't get there.  Friday I had probably 10 drinks to test the theory and by the time I went to bed, I couldn't take any pain meds for fear of "famous people death", (too many "things" in the system at bed time).  Although I don't shoot heroin for pain, it's still dicey to be messing with a "cocktail" of anything after ten drinks.  I successfully completed my scientific experiment and now I can say for sure, "alcohol be bad". 

Saturday night I had two drinks and called it a night.  I couldn't overlook the pain anymore.  I am sorry but it's a scientific, tested and verified by moi (see above) fact, that alchohol doesn't help inflammatory issues.  I also tested the theory of whether a 43 mother of two could party two nights in a row.  The answer is no.  Girls Gone Mild is an understatement.  Girls Gone Nowhere is more like it.  Friday I was up until at least midnight, WHOO WHOO, but Saturday...10pm.  Lame as they get.  I am really considering another stab at pot, the MJ, the ganja, the "smoke". 

You know what else I proved on girls weekend.  Food is not only necessary but it's worshipped by us women.  Friday night was Margaritas and a nacho platter the size of a table.  Saturday morning was bacon and cheddar croissant wraps.  Saturday afternoon/evening was Lobster and Clam Chowder with freshly baked croissants.  Sunday morning was thick cut bacon and Chelsea bite buns, along with powdered mini donuts.  Sunday lunch, home made pizza with brie, pears, and caramelized onions, and one with zucchini, tomatoes and goat cheese.  To say women eat well when they come together is an understatement and there is no judgement.  The walk to get a 3rd helping is applauded.  It frees up someone else to get in there.  I am so full right now I am pretty sure I can make my ACTUAL colonoscopy appointment Tuesday without eating until then.  I will have no need for food for a good 40 hours I'd bet.  Won't stop me from tackling the husband from the leftovers of anything.  He didn't cook em, "out of the way jackass, Mama gots some foods to eats". 

This was a weekend by the fire of eating, drinking and endless movie reels and I needed it, a lot.  You can't thank god enough for girlfriends.  Women, when we get together and love each other, there's nothing like it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment