Thursday, March 6, 2014

DBPW Day 32 Meds change? Meds stay the same? HELP.


Thursday March 6th, 2014 – Day 32

I haven’t mentioned the gym as of late simply because I am going.  I will mention if I don’t because that’s the concern, when I stop moving, don’t leave the house.   Then there’s a reason to worry.

I was directed a few months ago to increase one of my meds.  It’s the bi polar medication, the one that stabilizes the swings.  Considering over the past few months I’ve had some bad lows I figured I had sat long enough waiting and increased the dose.  Now I can’t sit still.  I can’t stop picking and chewing, pacing.  Up, down, up, down.  Tried to read a book.  Tried to write.  Tried to think.  UGH!

I will stay on the new dose only because I feel pretty normal minded, mood wise.  I don’t feel depressed anyways but high, I might be.  This is the part of this disease that kind of sucks, balancing your meds. 
 
Yeah, I am high.  I ran into town for corn starch for gravy.  Totally unnecessary but I was determined and the drive, fast.  The music, loud.  The car dancing, hyper.  And I think I talked to 7 people between the door of the store and the baking aisle to check out.  I am high, high performance. 

It’s so frustrating that when you don’t take enough of the meds, you are low.  When you take too much, you are high.  t might settle, I hope it does, I will show patience.  Going lower on a dose is just as bad if not worse, triggers a low.  UGH!

I will keep ya posted.  How’s your day so far? 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment