Thursday, March 20, 2014

DBPW - Day 46 My best Brenda!

I have to tell you, even if it's not a bad day, getting a card, a random piece of mail, from a girlfriend, for no other reason than her telling you that you are her best friend and she loves you, is amazing.  Thank you cards are lovely.  Christmas cards, well if you must.  Birthday cards, kind of special.  But a "no reason" card, those are the best. 

My best friend Brenda has been by my side since we were 7 and 8 years old.  Soon to be 40 years.  There isn't a time where she hasn't been a big part of my life.  We didn't get along for maybe a month in all that time as she figured out who she was and I adjusted to that identity.  We weren't destined to fall apart as friends, we never will.

Sometimes when I am down and she knows, I get a card. 

Sometimes when I am not down and she knows, I get a card.

I cry every time.  She gets me every single time because the words are perfect.  They simply express to me my importance in her life.  If I mean nothing else that's enough for me.  I don't express it to her the same way, but she knows.  I have a different way of showing my love. 

She is my sister.
She is the love of my life.
She is my best friend.
She is my Brenda.

To know her is a gift. 


P.S. Yes, my husband is aware he cannot get between us, ever so she is Sister Wife #2.  If only she'd put out so I could get a break.  *sigh*


No comments:

Post a Comment