Monday, March 31, 2014

DBPW Day 57 The Train Ride, love it or leave it....I guess.

I am back people.  That’s right, 3 day low and now I feel normal again.  It wasn’t fun or easy to get through that but I appreciate all of you who checked in with me and those I am helping with my own honesty and words.  I am sorry to, for I do tend to rant very OCD like about things way beyond my control and that don’t factor into my life when I am not low and in the now.  Thank you for being by my side on my journey through time with this disease. 

Onto better pastures, greener things…..hmmmm grass, how I miss it.  No no silly, not that kind of grass, green grass, putting greens, a lawn….not snow.  I have the other kind of grass, it just doesn’t go well when I smoke it.


I was sent this the other day and wanted to share.  I had edited it some as I am forever trying to learn and teach as I read. 


 

Life is like a journey on a train...with its stations...with changes of routes...and with accidents!
 

At birth we boarded the train and met our parents, and we believe they will always travel on our side. 

 

We have no reason to believe otherwise. Unless we are adopted, then the chain, the seat next to our parents on the train, it’s taken and that can take its toll on a child even from infancy.

 

At some station our parents will step down from the train, leaving us on this journey alone. 

 

The journey is that much harder depending how abruptly the train stops, how early in our childhood our parents step off the train and how far they go away.

As time goes by, other people will board the train.

 

Some people will be significant i.e. our siblings, best friends, children, and even the love of our life. 

Many will step down and feel as if they leave a permanent vacuum. 

 

Others will go so unnoticed that we don't realize that they vacated their seats.

This train ride will be full of joy, sorrow, fantasy, expectations, hellos, goodbyes, and farewells.

 

Success consists of having a good relationship with all passengers.

 

The only way to have a successful train ride is to give the best of ourselves to all those around us, and unto ourselves.

 

 The mystery for everyone is not knowing at which station we ourselves will step down. 

 

So, we must live in the best way - love, forgive, and offer the best of who we are.

 

It is important to do this because when the time comes for us to step down and leave our seat empty others should look at the seat and smile with beautiful memories as they continue to travel on the train of life.

I wish you a joyful journey for the coming year on the train of life. 

 

Lastly, I thank you for being one of the passengers on my train!
 
 
 

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment