Saturday, March 22, 2014

DBPW - Day 48 ....a drink?


This is girl’s weekend.  It’s not a full on rager, because let’s face it, I am 99 years old.  Okay 43, but close enough.    My two girlfriends arrived last night, one due today.  They arrived with a case of beer and a BOX OF ALCOHOL.  I don’t mean a box of wine as wonderfully tacky as that is fun but an actual box full of different bottles of alcohol and mix for adult slurpies.  All ya need is a box of booze and an IPhone apparently to mix up the worlds greatest list of slushies.  Slushy, slurpy, it’s all the same.  It’s a frozen drink and booze.  Hellloooooo!

They arrived last night around 7pm.  We had our first drinks until 8pm and I served up a flat, a large tray of nachos.  There was enough nachos for 12 people, there was 3 of us.  We ate almost all of it.  Talk about bloat.  The three of us all undid our pants and drank more.  It was 1130pm and us Grandmas tucked it in for the night.  1130!  We used to stay up until dawn now we all gasped a sigh of relief when the first said, “I am ready for bed”.  I just about peed when I heard that.  I thought as the host I was gonna have to stay up.

Here’s the problem.  Alcohol is an inflammatory.  My back hasn’t been that sore since I actually herniated the discs.  Then I got into bed and the social aspect of it all had apparently made me a little manic (high).  I stayed up until 5am.  Now maybe that was the bi polar or maybe that was my back and the 100 pound furball snoring and flopping around in my bed.

Would I take a second of it back?  NOT A CHANCE.  Today I plan on having another drink or two but maybe not 10. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment