Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Purses....You know you love them.

I love purses and shoes.  Shoes I seem to be able to justify buying.  And buying, well, uhhhhmmm, a lot of them.  Like a lot.  More than two feet can wear but purses, I can't do purses.  I figure a girl needs one good purse and when it dies it goes to purse heaven and you get a new one.  I always buy a quality purse so I can get a few years out of them.  It's really quite boring of me.  I have a ton of little hand purses and clutches for the events I go to, like the corner store, and my kids after school activities but not purses.  Until recently.

It was a good year ago I was introduced to Just Fab.  It's Kimora Simmons website.  It's a club you belong to.  Each month  you either buy something or "pass" on the month.  If you don't pass in the first week of the month you get charged $39.95 but that sits as a credit on your account for a purchase.  So even if you are lazy and don't get around to passing, you get to buy a pair of shoes or a purse.  And the site is forcing you to do it.  NO GUILT.  You have to.  Simply the way it is. 

Just Fab is excellent at stealing the latest looks and knocking them off.  They replicate for less than a fraction of the prices of the originals, mostly in the forty dollar range.  Last summer I bought a Hermes looking yellow striped purse for summer and everyone commented on it.  It was a forty dollar purse. 

In the fall I went back to my expensive purse.  Now the yellow one, the cheapie, it's got some scratches and peeling happening but not enough I wouldn't use it another summer.  So for two summers, that's 20 bucks a season for a much talked about purse. 

The shoes, the shoes *sigh*....they are great knock offs and comfy as all get out.  I have Chanel knock offs that are the cutest things ever, pink of puffy with exaggerated stitching.  I love them along with the 20 other flats in various colours I may have purchased.  I wear a lot of them, but not near enough to justify it.  I hope to take them all on vacation and switch shoes three times a day justifying each pair. 

This past summer I was in Michigan, Pentwater to be exact, shopping lazily with a friend.  We wandered up and down the main streets checking out store after store of fun clothes, antiques, art etc.  In one store I saw really cute purses of all colours and sizes and thought "hmmmm maybe I could use another decent purse" when all of the sudden the sales lady was beside me and what she showed me next was nothing short of genius and I share it here with you. 

This is my base purse. 


As you can see it's small but of decent size if you are choosy about what you throw into it.  It came with the O ring and the solid straps.  I purchased the leather ones to the right in the picture with chains on them. 

And here is where the fun begins.  Get ready for it, you are going to want one. 

 

This is the slip on black alligator skin sleeve that came with the purse and I have swapped out the straps for the chained ones.   So we have the base purse (a little boring), the patent leather cover, the two straps, the O rings and the chain straps.  All for some ridiculously low price of like forty maybe fifty bucks.

 
This is my classy red leather sleeve and my fancy leopard print soft, fur like sleeve.  All of the sleeves are magnetic to the base bag.  They do not mess with your credit cards (de-magnetize) and they stay on well.  Well enough that I shook the bag violently in the store before continuing shopping. 


This is my classy brown sleeve with the chain straps for a little oomph.


Or my classy grey???? 

 
This is one of my favorites, pink alligator patent leather.  Come on, look at this purse it's so cute. 


Here is the sexy leopard print with the basic strap.  This isn't cute at all is it?   I have laid most of the sleeves in each shot to show what the sleeves look like and how easy they are to store flat in a drawer.   Convenient much?


How about red alligator?

And here is the entire kit and caboodle (anyone know where this word came from and whether I am spelling it right?)


How bloody fun is this????

Guess how many I have used thus far?   This will change.  I have a recycled military tote and from now on all the "extra" stuff is going in there and I am carrying a different purse for every different occasion.  I think the grey and black is very ValuMart while the leopard print is very Loblaws!  LOL
Just think when I go on vacation how easy it will be to pack 7 purses!!!

The line is called Miche and it sells much like Partylite candles or Pampered Chef.  I would be a salesperson and you buy through me or host parties.  I haven't yet signed up as a salesperson just letting you know how it works. 

What do you think?  Should I become the crazy purse lady?  They sell various types of base bags and sleeves to match.  From smaller than this to big hobo bags.  They have several types of straps, rings and chains. 

How much you ask?  Seven purses with the base and the straps wasn't much over two hundred.  That's about $35 a purse.  And to me, a steal.  My normal bags are in the ten times that price range!

Let me know your thoughts, do you think I should host a party and sell purses for a living along side writing?  Or should I just enjoy the blessings that are purse sleeves? 

No comments:

Post a Comment