Saturday, February 15, 2014

DBPW - Day 13 Valentine's Day review


Saturday February 15th, 2014 – Day 13

How was your stupid holiday day?  Did you get mad at your man for not doing anything?  Or perhaps mad for not doing the RIGHT thing?  Or maybe you got mad because he did something but he complained about it being a one sided holiday?  Or maybe you are single and the day just shits in your face?  I really do detest this day.  I remember being single on this day.  And since I found my man, my match, I've always said, "do nothing, do something every other day, not a day we are forced too". 
 
All that gibberish, our VD was great.  We had my step daughter E, and her Dad brought us cupcakes to share.   She had chocolate vanilla and I carrot cake.  Yummmy!  As bad as it may be, I had a cupcake for dinner.  I just wasn’t in the mood to cook or eat a real dinner.  I was all about bad carbs yesterday pretty much from the end of breakfast until bed.  My hubby and E ate on the way up.  Carrot cake is a full spectrum of balanced health no?
 
My step son, being 15 going on 16 now chooses when to come here.  He had an option to go with his cousins to Florida.  As much as he loves his snowmobile here, a little change, getting on a Sea Doo isn't a bad thing in February.  I'd go if the ex's family would welcome me! haha

Today we all sat around watching “House of Annubis”, some English produced teen show about a school with secrets hidden all about.  It is nothing like House of Cards, I only wish.  I think last night was the ending of Annubis, Season 7.  UGH!  Finally done!!  I’d thank god but…E was addicted to it so we could occupy her ANYTIME with offering a few shows on Netflix.  Last night we gave her a marathon and now it’s over!  That’s the problem.  We over marathoned.  When we want down time we no longer have episodes to say, “go watch….”  Not that we think that TV is the way to raise our kids BUT my husband has pneumonia and the drugs are making him really tired.  And E was off school during the week sick so we are all taking it easy.  He napped and E marathoned.  I just hung out with the Olympics live streaming on my laptop.  I failed miserably at an Annubis trivia.  As E said, “DIDN’T nail that one did ya?”  She’s so charming that one. 

In good news the family crisis is still in existence but seems to be going in a direction better suited for my mentality.  In other words, positively.  I can only do so much to change life, change other people’s lives, for the better.  Sometimes you have to sit back and accept “it is, what it is, until it isn’t”.  My biggest problem is acceptance.  If I think I can change “what is” and it will help someone, I will do my best, give it my all, to change it.  Then at the end of the day I am stuck holding my head between my legs worrying a panic attack might take me down. 

And that’s today’s news.  Not even remotely exciting. 

There was no gym today, I take weekends off even though I might do some pilates tomorrow and/or Monday (Family Day).  Hey Americans did you know that Canada forces its people to spend a day with family in February, well we do.  Apparently we are aware family usually dislikes each other enough to not want to and….well we force you.  Unless you work for the Post Office, then you are working.  Just the people who we should be giving a holiday too, postal workers.  I am pretty sure it’s a bad idea to overwork the people “going postal” came from.  Just a thought. 
 
What do I know?  I’d slap a smartass smile off a feral cat if it looked at me wrong. 


 I think I could take him?!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment