Thursday, February 20, 2014

DBPW - Day 18 Is YOUR room accented nicely?


Thursday February 19th, 2014 – Day 18

I am feeling much ado about nothing today.   I barely got out of bed this morning for a sore back but I did, and I got to the gym.  I got up and out of bed three times.  LOL.  Each time I got up and did something advancing my actually leaving the bedroom.  The first time, I used the potty.  Back to bed.  The second time, I brushed my teeth.  Back to bed.  The final time, I changed and put on gym clothes.  Back to bed.  I didn’t think there was going to be advancement today.  I was down but in that I don’t care place.  Usually I crash pretty hard after visitors of any kind and I did, I was crying a bit yesterday afternoon/evening but much because I had my following topic running through my brain.  This is not a topic that applies to me and my marriage, not even remotely.  But, that said, the topic HAS applied to me in the past.  And for someone I love, now. 



Staying with someone who doesn’t love you?  Why do we do this?  Inevitably we have done this in our lifetimes.  At least once been with someone we weren’t sure of.  Been with someone we weren’t sure we loved or loved us.   Stayed and accepted less than. 

Why do we hope that someone who obviously doesn’t love us will suddenly love us if we stay long enough? 

Why do we hope someone who abuses us, will suddenly not abuse us if we stay long enough?

Why do we hope someone who neglects us, will suddenly not neglect us if we stay long enough?

Why do we hope that if someone loves us ONLY THEN are we worthy of love, and more importantly loving ourselves?
 
 

Others should have nothing to do with our self-worth.  If anything a partner should accent, enhance, us.  A relationship with a worthy party, someone worthy of our love should compliment us, our lives.  I don’t mean verbal compliments I mean accent, as I said before, us.  Like a good chair does a room.  The room was perfect before but the chair makes it pop and makes us appreciate the room even more. 

That’s how I see my relationships now a days, they need to compliment my life, add to it, accent it.  No more of this negative energy.  I can’t do it anymore.  I can’t question people’s love or loyalty not while I am finally building the platform that is a new confident, accepting of herself, loving herself, Nicolle Weir.  I refuse to do it.  I refuse to risk all that is me.   But I waver.  I accept less than sometimes and the only reason I do….?

Why do we do this?  Why do we risk who we are?  I guess a lot of the time we are young.  We haven’t yet figured ourselves out, we don’t know who we are, what our value is.  Maybe that’s it?  Do you think?  But I am not young(er).  What about the older people (me)we know, whom speak of the fact they have little self esteem.  They’ve grown up knowing this, they are aware they are self esteem deficient and yet they still find themselves sharing in a poor relationship feeling less than.

I hate to throw the parent trap out like many do but if we give our children the building blocks for self esteem they need, the growth support and encouragement they deserve, they probably woulnd’t find themselves in these situations.  They would have the base self esteem they needed to say, “Nope this is NOT good enough”.  I know we are supposed to live life forward looking but maybe if we support looking back more people can say, “That’s why I am doing this, time to stop”.   Many of us only change when we understand why we are the way we are.  Why does 2 + 2 = 4?  Because a mathematician said so a very long time ago.  Okay, let me understand that then I can go forward with 4 + 4 = 8.

All the naysayers are all about forward, march forward, don’t look back, live and learn.  I am pretty sure you don’t learn in the current only, you look back and you remember your studies and apply them to the current.  You can’t change something you don’t understand in the first place.  How do you know it needs changing if you’ve never known differently, never looked back as to why you are where you are?  So shouldn’t it be encouraged?  Look back, examine your life and see where you are. 

Are you where you should be?  Are you with whom you should be, do they compliment you?  Are they your chair?


No comments:

Post a Comment