Sunday, February 16, 2014

DBPW - Day 14 365 - 14 = UGH!


Sunday February 16th, 2014 – Day 14


Staying in bed longer and longer these days.  You know what I think about in bed in the morning?  How much shorter can I make the day if I stay in bed?  Kind of sad right?  It feels like I don’t have enough to do in the day to make it go faster yet at the same time, when there’s tons to do in a day and it’s going fast I get high then fall down a pit of depression for days after.  I need to find the balance.  I just don’t know how.  I “overdo it” all the time according to friends and my husband.  Whether it be overdoing my brain or my back/spinal injury.  But that overdoing can be as simple as groceries, cooking, and cleaning.  If my back is in agony, I will keep moving.  If my brain feels scattery, I will take a few deep breaths and keep pushing through.  I need to learn how to be accepting of my limitations as they are what they are and while there might be a limit to certain things in my life in other areas the world is limitless!
You know what’s strange and maybe some of you feel this too?  I’m ashamed to admit it.  I love when my step kids come to visit but when they do, I get really angry at my husband.  I expect a lot from him when we have his kids.  I came from divorce, I know what I expected from my parents then and I set the bar pretty high for my husband.  Plus I go out of my way to do EVERYTHING for these kids.  If my husband takes an afternoon nap while we all watch a movie, to me, he isn’t spending time with his kids.  It’s a ridiculous thought I know.  And if I am prepping dinner at the time I get furious that I am doing things while he naps.  It makes me crazy and I don’t know why.  I think I feel like I am doing all the work for kids that I didn’t push out my whoo haww.  But saying that, I love them so much.  They are a blessing to my life.  I guess I just resent when I am busting my ass for them and he isn’t.  My friend told me once to knock it off when doing stuff for the kids, that I overdo it to make sure they are happy and entertained.  She’s a Mom of two and said, “They can feed and entertain themselves.  Shit they are more capable of entertaining themselves than we are”.  She said I was trying too hard.  Not to get them to love me, I know they do and they know I do them, but to take care of them perfectly.  She also said, “Perhaps you are trying to make up for a lacking in your own childhood but you have happy, loved kids Nicolle”.  And she’s right.  I do, they are.
 

What’s worse is, when they leave….I am a little happy they are gone.  God, I feel awful saying that out loud but I promised I wouldn’t lie in my writing.  I am happy Dan’s gone too.  I am happy to be getting time to myself.  And the guilt, oh it eats at me.  I hate that I feel this way.  Then I also feel abandoned at the same time.  I get this hole in my stomach representing me as a kid having to go back and forth and I feel that for the kids.  I hate saying “goodbye” to them.  And then I look at Dan and I can’t imagine how much it hurts him to drop them off.  Then they all leave and I am alone, feeling abandoned and guilty all at the same time.  Every time they leave, I eat.  ALWAYS.  It doesn’t take long after they go for me to wedge the fridge from the corner, push it into the living room and sit beside it open door style.  Vertical Buffet.  I am kidding, I don’t actually do that.  I am too lazy for all that work.  But I tilt that bitch back and eat the feelings down until I am angry and sick I’ve eaten so much. 
 


I know you are probably thinking to yourself by Day 14, “this girl’s got some serious negativity in her life” but honestly, I put a positive twist or try to, on much of everything.    If I overeat to chase away feelings, I leave that where it belongs, as a done deal I cannot undo.  The fact I ate, or over eat, is not the problem, the feelings are.  I put the food deep down and away and deal with the issue at hand, refusing to make food part of it.  I refuse to punish myself relentlessly because of things like that.  What is the point?  Do you feel better when you beat yourself up?  I don’t.



I have just started doing Pro/Con lists when I feel an OCD emotional time coming.  A check and balance list of sorts to remind myself the negative nature of the things.  To see in front of me the reason to let go, to get rid of them.  Pro/Con lists are a great way to find the plus or minus of anything in life.  If I am having a down day, I don’t or try not to, go looking for more negativity.   A few friends of course have always said I can talk to them when I get like that, OCD and obsessed but it’s embarrassing after a while talking about the same thing over and over.  One just recently said to me, “you’ve come so far this past year and a bit, now let this go, it’s time, enough time wasted”.  And she’s right, but it also means on that topic, she’s done hearing about it.  It’s funny because my brother, when it comes to OCD and emotionally obsessing, is EVEN WORSE than I am.  I find it very frustrating to talk to him about things he’s obsessing about because it’s irrational and I just want to get angry and yell, “Stop, you are better than this”.  And he is, but it’s a disease and I have it too, hypocrite much?



The most important thing I do nowadays is, I no longer write to anyone whom I feel has wronged me in the past.  Before, not that long ago, I would keep writing and writing someone I felt wronged me to HAVE to understand why, what, where, who.   To get them to understand their position, their fault, accept their shortcomings, get an apology.  Half the time the other side is so weighed down by their own life and life’s history they can’t even answer the questions, be honest or authenticate in their answer.    They can’t see past their own nose.  I divulge deep into issues, really look at myself and figure out why I do the things I do.  Not many people are ready, or ever, can do that.  It takes a great deal of strength to say, “This is my shortcoming, it comes from here, and I will deal with it this way from now on.  I accept it, I apologize for it.  I will no longer carry it around like a knapsack”.  A lot of times when I am trying to reach the depths of someone’s soul they don’t reply at all leaving me guessing.  Likely they aren’t able to go that deep, or they don’t want to.  Facing our stuff this way is not easy.  So they go about living their lives and I wait an answer or communication.  That activity had to stop.  They can find their authentic selves on their own, I cannot help everyone along with this.  It’s not my duty or job in life.  It’s not why I am here.  Not necessarily.   If people want to live dishonestly, unauthentic, that’s their choice.



It is late afternoon now and I just had a Pilates workout.  I have a reformer at home.  The workout I did would have been hard not a month ago before I started working out at the gym.  I would have been all sweaty and out of breath, muscles screaming.  I showered anyways but I didn’t really need too.  That’s how easy it was, how in shape I am getting!  At the end I even did some serious ab and arm exercises just because I felt that under worked.  YAY ME!  I am really excited about my daily workouts that are frankly, just changing my life.  I am so much stronger.  My back is feeling better most days, my arms and legs stronger.  I dance at the gym most days to the music they play as my cardio.  I used to feel too big and heavy to dance.  And I love to dance I do, it’s just a part of me.  I have always been the one in the middle of the dance floor.  I know, I know, as a punchy person you would think a crowded dance floor not for me but I love to get me groove on.  I just started to hate how winded and sweaty I would get.  Carrying around the extra weight was a burden so dancing was out of the question.  Until now, until I started to get fit again! 
 


Jump to dinner time.  I have just made plans to go to the same meditation course I took last August, this August.  It’s a 4 day course reminding us how we are NOT kind to ourselves and this course teaches you how to be so.  It reminds us all we need breathing time in life.  2013 was my year of acceptance and learning.  2014 my year of advancement and learning.  I starting writing in 2013.  That was a big deal.  I didn’t have the confidence before but these course(s) (meditation and otherwise similar) have given me that.  There’s a writing course in May that is held by/with Wayne Dyer in Florida.  I think I might go to it.  It’s to help you learn how to write, edit, and publish.  I need that.  I have a lot of books started, none followed through with.   I’m going to get signed up.  All these are pretty big deals considering how high I get in public at “events” and the crash that follows or the fact I have zero follow through (being the cancel queen due to mood swings).  My husband has promised I will not miss a day of these two things.  Apparently he is going to force me to go.  The mediation course was so good for my soul and apparently I am too be the next Danielle Steele and be the money maker at home he says.  He said and I quote, “I won’t mind if you want to make me yer bitch at home, honest, I won’t”.  *pssst* He already is.  Just don’t tell him.

 
What are your goals this year?  Mine are to advance myself further into calm and away from mood swings, and to write, a lot.  I posed a list of 15 things you could try, you up for it?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment