Saturday, February 8, 2014

DBPW (Diary of a Bi Polar Woman) - Day 6


Saturday February 8th , 2014 - Day 6

Good morning all.  I am starting this blog at 9 (ish) am.  Okay fine, 923am.  But in my defence I’ve already been into town and played with bunny rabbits.  Please don’t worry, they are REAL rabbits we have rescued, we have three of them.  I wasn’t making that up in my creative mind.  I don’t see cartoon bunny rabbits on a random basis.  Well wait, once when I dropped acid in high school I saw a killer bugs bunny.  That was disturbing.  But I haven’t seen him since.  Thank goodness too because people were going to call for help if I kept hiding behind them that way pointing at a non-existent rabbit.  Please remove your finger from the 1 on your phone, no need to finish that (911) call.  I told you, if I go in, I may never get out.  I hear they have the good drugs on the “inside”.

Now that I say that, I wish I had Hollywood money.  I would go to “Passages” (a real named rehab), “The Meadows” (pretty sure this is a horse farm), “Spring Gardens” (Chinese restaurant) or “Betty Ford” (*snoring*) in a heartbeat.  Every day is a planned out day, no surprises except maybe the arrival of Lindsay Lohan.  You get therapy, art time, expected to write, 3 meals a day….I mean, COME ON!  I do all of that NOW!  I would get an A+ for sure. 

I would certainly miss my husband though.  He has what I love to call a dry surprising sense of humour.  He catches you off guard with it.  Most describe my husband as the nicest guy on the planet.  He is very much a guys guy in that he can build, fix or drive anything.  He could build himself a car, fix the parts they made wrong, then drive it better than anyone.  That’s my guy.  Where I am concerned he is all love, caring and humour.  He takes better care of me than I do myself.  He cares for me better than I care for myself.  He loves me more than I love myself.  And I am the luckiest girl on the planet.  He has, since day one, seen all the best parts of me no one else saw.  He makes me want to be the best me. 
We look so damn cute in this picture.  This is 10 years ago.  GOD I LOOK YOUNG.  *sigh*  There has to be some re-touching in this because I am sure I have wrinkles.  They can't be made up.  I didn't make up wrinkles.  They are there.  I know they are. 

Living with someone with bi polar is not easy.  I am lucky somewhat with my disease as I am just short spurts of manic (high energy), then normal, then really really bad lows, not in that order.  I don’t have delusions or hallucinations.  I am incredibly strong.  I know that because I am very low dosed pharmaceutically.  I instead have to use all my energy to control the moods trying to control me.  That said, when I am sad, really sad and low, I feel very vulnerable.  I feel like everyone is going to leave me, stop loving me, not care about me, and especially get tired of my disease.  Feeling vulnerable like that then brings out my need to defend myself, stand up for myself, and I get really very angry.  Anytime I am sad my husband finds himself often saying, “no matter how hard you push me away I am not leaving honey, you can’t make me”.  God bless him.  I am an atheist so saying that means a lot.  I want the god(s) if there are any to take care of him, to bless him, to make his dreams come true because he gets me.  He just gets me.  And because he does, I use every ounce of energy I have to control my moods, apologize when I can’t get a grip, and take care of him in all ways I can think of.  That’s my relationship and I am sincerely lucky to have it.  I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else, with anyone else.  My favorite time(s) are with my husband.  Well that was fucking sappy.  Enough of that shit.  If he read this he would FOR SURE ask for a blow job.  I will not be reading this post to him.  Don’t want his ego overblown.  (Get it, “BJ”, “blown”….all in two sentences.  I don’t think it can be “overblown” though). 

The best times I have had with ma’ man is when he is making me laugh and typically that happens when he’s picking on me.  Because I am not insecure about his love I adore his making fun of me.  Try it ladies, I highly recommend it.  Let them make fun of you and when it’s funny let ‘er rip.  They are the best giggles.  Tonight making dinner I yelled, “fucked that’s the fourth time in as many minutes that I have burned myself”.  Husband replies, “Most stop after the first time, you’re so unique”.  And that’s the shit I’m talking about.  He once told friends of ours when referring to me sweeping that the only broom I knew of was “the one she rode in on”.  That shits gold.  We have rabbits, three of them.  One is a real bitch and when I say so he says, “now you know how I feel.  Just think I have little bitch and big bitch”. Now I could get all insecure that he calls me big and/or a bitch, bitch and/or big but I know in no way shape or form is he saying anything other than, “man sometimes gurl you be a bitch”.  And it’s true, I can be, like a lot.  So why not laugh at a good joke.  It does not mean he loves me any less.  I think it means me loves me more because he is comfortable saying this stuff to me.  He just says great silly things that make moments gold.  Right now I am chewing on the inside of my mouth.  It’s a habit.  He knows it is nerves that cause it, just general antsiness and instaed of asking why I am doing it or what’s wrong he simply says, “dessert?”  He knows that my laughing can and will only help.

Don’t get me wrong, this is not one sided trust me.    I pick on him alllll the time.  More importantly I play pranks on him all the time.  For example; he has no idea where anything is in the kitchen.  I think it’s a guy thing.  A long time ago I purposely started moving shit around.  If he used a potato masher helping me make dinner I will ensure it’s in a completely different place the next time and purposely ask for his help.  It just makes me giggle.  He once safety pinned a hand towel to the bathroom rack because I don’t fold it back after I use it.  I safety pinned it to his pillow.  Once he was mowing the lawn and I heard a loud crunch and looked out and there he was on the lawnmower, IN THE LAKE.  I didn’t let a second pass.  I opened the door and said, “honey, why the mowing of the lake?”  Not, “are you okay?  Do you need help?”  I closed the door before he could even reply.  I know every time he is going to repeat himself, so I say it first, every time.  It’s not annoying at all.  Oh and help, never give it.  He hates advice so when something is about to go tragically wrong and I know it, I will let it happen.  Why?  Well because he's said, "I hate advice, makes me feel like you don't know I can do it".  Oh but honey I do know you can, and lose a finger doing so.  Love you babe. 
I would say jack shit here but my camera would be ready to go. 

 It's not just in the lake but like 6 feet in the lake.  Speeding perhaps?  Like air born speeding.  Haha
 
I don’t have much else to say today as it’s been uneventful.  I got up, did a coffee run, got some groceries, groomed my giant horse of a dog, and made my husband a fantastic dinner.  So it’s a good bi polar day.  I am out of bed and have been all day!  YAY ME!  I consider that and a good mood a good day.

Brushing this is about as fun as....well it isn't.  But he's a good looking boy. 

How was your day?

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment