Friday, April 18, 2014

DBPW Day 75 Happy Easter All

 
 
I got a post today that I wanted to comment on.  First of all, Happy Easter all.
 
 
I can't - I won't : I like this one.   It means you have made a conscious decision, there's no uncertainty, you decided. 
 
 
I should - I could : Again, there isn't a question, it's an choice you've made.
 
It's too difficult - It takes time :  I am not sure about this one though it would be a good choice when you are down or letting yourself feel down.  I mean I can honestly say nuclear physics would be too difficult but given time, like 20 or so years, perhaps.....
 
 
It's not my fault - I take responsibility :  I like this one but because I suffer from empathy disorder where I feel every one's shit.  So for me to take responsibility for something that isn't even remotely my fault seems normal.  You fall down in Alaska, Nicolle in Canada is happy to take responsibility if it will help you, heal wounds, resolve an issue.  It's easier to take than to give, to take responsibility than to lay blame on someone else. 
 
 
Why me - It's my journey of learning : This one is very true.  Very very true.  I wouldn't have "To hurt is to learn.  To teach is to heal" tattooed on ma' foot. 
 
It's not a problem - It's an opportunity :  This is the same as above.  It's just hard sometimes when you are lost in the throws of a problem to see it's an opportunity to learn.  The heart sometimes over rules the brain. 
 
It's too painful - I am altering my perception : Again, this one.  I had blocked all my memories of my childhood and one day someone yelled at me and it alllll came flooding back to me.  I was so lost in those memories I couldn't separate myself from the memories themselves.  After a time lost in the throws of that pain, I suddenly realized in a course, my parents went through life while I was hurting.   Maybe they were hurting too.  I am not making excuses but I am saying that perhaps there was no intent or even consciousness to their neglect. 
 
I'm not satisfied - I want to learn and grow :  This is a must.  If you are bored, unsatisfied, lonely, CHANGE. 
 
Life's a struggle - Life's an adventure : Life truly is.  Even when in pain like I was above it was a windy bumpy road.  Much like a roller coaster = an adventure.
 
I hope - I know : I struggle with this one because life is full of unknowns.  You can't dictate, "I know I will will the lottery", "I hope I win the lottery".  That said you can change things like, "I hope I find happiness" to "I know I will find....".  Again though, if lost in the struggle of depression, it's hard to say such things.  Start small.  "I hope I get out of bed today" to "I know I will get out of bed today".  I mean you have 24 hours!!  Think positive.
 
If only - Next time : I don't like either of these, the time is now.  NOW.  Not next time, not if only.  Now.  Work for your next time now please.
 
What will I do -   I know I can handle it :  We never really know what we can handle until it's handed to us.  And we don't know how to handle it until it's in our hot little hands.  So I beg to differ on this one. 
 
It's terrible - It's an experience :  I am sorry but a funeral is not an experience.  Ahhh shit, it is.  It's an experience to say goodbye.  It's a chance to celebrate a life.  But it is terrible.  There is no disputing that.
 
Happy Easter Ya'll.  Nicolle's words of wisdom for Friday, Good Friday 2014.  The ham is smelling the house up fine, the husband is napping beside the dog and Momma bear, me, is a happy camper. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment