Monday, April 14, 2014

DBPW Day 71 - Chin up gurl, chin up!

Back to the norm, thank goodness.  The flu is finally gone and I was able to go to the gym without wearing a full CDC body suit for fear of spreading the virus.  And I no longer felt like passing out when I moved, at all.  At the gym were all the normal group of ladies I typically see.  There was Miss Talky Pants.   The Mom who brings her special daughter.  I say special in all sincerity because she is very cute and very talkative and wants to be everyone's friend.  There was the lady who laughs at everyone's jokes.  And finally the lady I helped diagnose her vertigo as the same disease a friend had that is only helped through physiotherapy.  So needless to say, after a week off.  I wasn't given a moment of peace.  I wasn't sure whether to go with it, run out and hide, get angry or what.  Normally that would have made me crazy.  I like my gym time, usually, quiet. 

Last night I was lying in bed with my husband and I said, "I am worried about everything and it's taking away any joy I have".  He was quick to defend our life and love so that I got my head into a better space.  I realized in that moment how I was worrying so much I was taking my own joy away. 

In keeping with that thinking I said to myself today, "Self, get your head out of your ass everyone is enjoying your company, enjoy them and your own!"  And there was the smile and happiness.  It sometimes just takes a little pep talk.

After the gym I got in line at Tim's for my coffee.  The drive through took a half an hour!!  Do you have any idea how much smog that made.  I wanted to back out and park and walk in but I was stuck in a row of cars.  Apparently they were training new people.  I recommend more training.  I ordered a turkey sausage egg McMuffin type of deal.  I tossed pretty much all of it.  With my meds I have to take 300 calories or more and now I am trying to stay off bad carbs but I forgot to pack a breakfast.  I couldn't do yogurt there, too much sugar.  I basically ate egg, cheese, and turkey sausage with my fingers and I need to tell you, it was nasty nasty nasty.  I don't know who likes them over McDonalds egg McMuffins but I question their sanity.  Next time I have things to do post gym I am bringing a shake or smoothie.  No way I am doing that again.  Ewwwww.

Once I gagged that down I headed over to the local nail salon to get me some pretty toes and fingers.  I am so badly biting and picking that it was time to get some tips put on to get me out of the habit.  My fingers that is.  Even I, Miss Bendy, is not that bendy.  And to bite one's toes....OMG I just threw up.  My toes, well winter wasn't kind to them, like at all. 

New nails.  No more picking and biting, just admiring and clicking on the keyboard. 

I found the same thing happening in the nail salon.  I found that I was surrounded by annoying people and annoying things so all I did was accept what was.  I knew my nails weren't going to turn out the best because I ended up with the owners wife who doesn't do the best job.  I couldn't happy that away, but I could accept it.  They are cheap nails, I can fix them myself and they are "only nails", I thought.  My toes were excellent but they started to put designs on them before I could even say no.  I again, just went with the flow.  I left there as happy as when I went in!  It really is just a matter of changing your head space. 




New pretty toes.  I had to shrink this picture, made me gag. 

I am really struggling with this as of late.  Feeling like the world is not an easy, happy, care free place.  Like there is too much negativity.  I am really working hard to get my head around how good I have it.  I really do.  After the nails I went to the store and grocery store and came home with a few pick me ups just to add to a pretty much perfect day.  *sigh*  Now only to keep remembering and honoring those types of days.  I can do it.  Stupid people be damned, I am happy!

 
I love Mums.  I put flower in the flour container.

 
My new $10 clock which matches, although it's hard to see, the signs in my sun porch. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment