Saturday, April 5, 2014

DBPW - Day 62 Mother Nature *sneeze* *cough*


This winter has got to give up, enough is enough.  When I got up this morning to head into town I couldn’t believe the weather.  Now mind you I am Bi Polar so I kind of get where Mother Nature gets it from, I am convinced she’s got the BP too!  Has to.  No one is this squirrely and doesn’t.    I posted today on Facebook a plea to her that as a woman I understand how perhaps she was scorned by a male species type and perhaps that’s why she’s all ugly and up in our business with this never ending snow shit here in Canada.  I have her back, I’d stand tall beside her if it was a man problem, I would but come on now, “mankind” is MAN kind.  Men.  Can’t punish the men without the women, we live her too.  Even the birds are screwed up.  They all migrated and now they are all out there shaking snow off themselves, poor little ones. 

 
I have the flu. 

 
*cough* *cough*

 
That’s all I am saying about that because otherwise you are perpetuating what you have.  Why complain?  Doesn’t do any good really.  I guess you feel sorrier for yourself each time but how does that help any?

 
I agreed the other day to help my husband with some keypunch type of typing.  He has a master contact list which consists of a file with photocopied business cards.  Top of the line, high tech shit huh?  So he wants me to transfer it all to an excel spreadsheet.  Again, high tech shit.  But I agreed, okay I offered, and now I regret.  Each contact is a line across the sheet which is easy enough but on a laptop the numbers are across the top and not a keypad on the side of the computer like a desktop.  Oh how easier life would be.  Alas, I have discovered that I hate typing too but I got 100 contacts in, in two hours or less so that’s okay.  At that pace I should be done in a couple of days.  Or in a boredom induced coma, either or.   

 
I was talking to a girlfriend the other day who told me how much she loved this blog.  That it’s easy to read but she likes it too.  Who knew? 

 
I was standing in the mirror today in ma’ undies and looking at my body.  I looked at my stomach, held it in, released it, saw some abs, was pleased.  I lifted my arms, flexed them and noted the sag that remained, I didn’t judge it, just said to myself, “more arm work necessary”.  I looked at my thighs and thought, “not too shabby, loads of muscle there”.  Etc etc.  It’s making a huge difference.  I used to avoid the mirrors entirely and now I have made them my friend.  I am determined to see better than….too see a better me than my brain used to allow.  I am beautiful, and I am going to find that beauty.  Now onto camera pictures.  I am pretty sure they don’t add 82 pounds.  I need to be able to look at real pictures, freeze frame shots of myself and look like I do in the mirror, positively.  I will get there, I will. 


 

 
How about you?  Pictures or mirrors, are either the enemy?



No comments:

Post a Comment