Thursday, April 17, 2014

DBPW - Day 74 Life as lived by Geese

Besides the fact some people eat them, geese have it pretty good you know.  And for reference sake there are cannibals out there, they exist too so geese.....it's a toss up, human, goose, human, goose.   I mean they fly to Florida all winter long, come back to the great old Northern lakes for summer, eat nothing but grass, plenty of that around and can shit wherever they want.  And do they!!!  Yeah you keep trying to chase them off your lawn, go ahead.  They'll be back. 

I love me some geese.  Not for eating.  I love the way they look, I love the way they sound, I love that they make me think of Canada.  I just hate how much they shit.  If only we could diaper them I'd have them all over my property.  As of now, undiapered, we send the dog out to chase them off the lawn.  When there are babies, I hide the dog from seeing them and quietly go out and "shoo" them away nicely.  I know, I am aware of the suck factor there.  They're babies you, shush.

I have ducks and geese (and a random loon) all over my house, not the real ones, they shit as I said but wood ones.  My father in law does woodwork and pretty much every birthday or Christmas I get a new one.  My step daughter has Mother Goose that would rival all others in her room.  Ducks and geese just make me happy. 

Fireplace goose.
 
 
Magazine Sand Piper's girlfriend goose. 

If a loon, have a loon.
 
Mother Goose (oddly named Angelina)
 
I was watching a goose the other day walking out to the edge of the frozen lake.   The edge was the water line and this goose was being so cautious it was hilarious.  All I could think was, "what the fuck is gonna happen, you gonna fall through the ice into water?  You have wings right?  Tired maybe from your trip back from the sunny south".  I was laughing my ass off when it dawned on me how so many people live their lives like this.  They tread so gently like they are on thin ice when the worst that's gonna happen is they get a little wet.  It's not like a goose has drowned before, pretty sure they float.   This goose was worried about NOTHING.  Much like we humans do.  "Oh no, what if I fall off the edge with these wings?"  It just gave me something to think, write and for your enjoyment, draw about. 

 Oh no, easy easy easy....gentle gentle gentle....


Awww shit....crack
 
Swim a little.  Relax. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment