Tuesday, April 15, 2014

DBPW - Day 72 Oh to be oblivious....

I've been struggling as of late as to how to stop worrying about life.  Where it is going.  I just finished worrying about where it was, *whew*, now onto what will be.  Gosh it can be overwhelming.  Money, marriage, kids, how long a dog will live....I am missing life right now by worrying about what MAY be.

In other words, don't do what I am doing!

Today as I worked out and saw my sweatshirt on the floor, it read, "Warning, No Patience for Stupid".  Yes, I made the shirt.  Surprise, surprise.  I couldn't help think of stupid people and how blissfully they are unaware most times of their stupidity.  Wouldn't that be something?  To be unaware?  I thought about it awhile and thought, it can't be stupidity that is happiness?  Stupid people do stupid things that lead to stupid problems."  That's not happiness.



I had the "aha" moment, *light bulb* overhead, when I was stopped at a light and I saw a little boy jumping in a huge mud puddle.  He came right out of both boots which suctioned into the snowy mud and he landed right on his backside barefoot.  Before the tears could escape his eyes he looked at the teacher headed his way and threw back his head and started to make snow mud angels.  Had the light not changed I would have video taped the kid.  It was pure bliss.   In that moment he knew he was gonna get in trouble from his teacher, then his mother OR he could forget that and play in the mud. 

Just let go and play.

I know each day we have choices.  Slow down to the speed limit or pass the car ahead of us.  Laugh when we fall down or cry out to those around us.  Look around at free time as a waste of time or a blissful gift.

We have the choice under many circumstances.  Sometimes we don't, almost always, we do. 


Don't get stuck, make a call, make a decision and see what happens, just "go with it".







No comments:

Post a Comment