Friday, December 20, 2013

Praise be to Jesus!




I am pretty liberal with my thinking and my beliefs.  I don't judge someone too harshly if they say the wrong thing.  Yes I might stop and think, "whoa that was a mouthful", but then I try to give them the benefit of the doubt.  Unless what they are saying is about me then I will bitch slap that person and judge them until the cows come home. 
 
Phil Robertson, of Duck Dynasty, the father of the family said the following things in a GQ interview;

“Start with homosexual behavior and just morph out from there. Bestiality, sleeping around with this woman and that woman and that woman and those men,” Robertson said in an interview with GQ. He went on to add that he thinks being gay is illogical because, well, “It seems like, to me, a vagina—as a man—would be more desirable than a man’s anus.”
Most gay men I know, don't want to be rockin' the vagina.  So "this woman and that woman" not likely.  And a man's anus?  I can only guess that it differs from that of say a giraffe, hard to reach too.  Just sayin'.  Only guessing though.

What is shocking are Robertson’s
comments about race in the same interview. Buried under the firestorm of media and public outrage over Robertson’s comments on sexuality is his stunning insinuation that blacks were quite happy in the Jim Crow South:

I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field .... They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word! ... Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues
Dude, just because you didn't see it does not mean it didn't happen.  Pretty sure there are 6 million less Jewish ancestors in the world that if you thought it not true, does not make it so.  Therefore African Americas were treated unjustly.  Your saying otherwise, doesn't change that.  Pretty sure the colour of your skin saved 'your ass' in the fields and you turned a blind eye, or were blind to, otherwise. 


And now, his apology, sort of....

"I myself am a product of the 60s; I centered my life around sex, dr...ugs and rock and roll until I hit rock bottom and accepted Jesus as my Savior. My mission today is to go forth and tell people about why I follow Christ and also what the bible teaches, and part of that teaching is that women and men are meant to be together. "However, I would never treat anyone with disrespect just because they are different from me. We are all created by the Almighty and like Him, I love all of humanity. We would all be better off if we loved God and loved each other."


Pretty sure you just disrespected both gays and African Americans.  Pretty sure you therefore do not love all humanity.  Just my take on your statement above, a stab in the dark really.  I know one thing about religion, I moan "oh god" at least once a week and them gays, apparently they like it more often so they are talking to our lord almighty likely daily!  "Praise be to Jesus!"

What I don't get, is Americans, and Canadians, fascination with this show that lands this guy an interview with GQ magazine.  This illustrates more what's wrong with the world than this interview ever will.  Men like this?  They do not warrant a TV show, a commercial, an interview, or a Honey Boo Boo Christmas special.  We need to stop supporting this kind of bullshit TV.

It's only ma' opinion, which I am as free to give as he is.  I don't have to like it, neither do you. 

Now that's my intelligent eloquent statement.  My redneck one is, "dumb ass hillbilly". 

What are your thoughts on this?  Like the show and everything since.  If you watch this, do you also enjoy Honey BB (we're homies) or do you draw the line at DD (Duck Dynasty)?

No comments:

Post a Comment