Friday, August 12, 2016

Hate

I hate the shooters.
I hate the bombers.
I hate people who kill people.
I fucking hate them.
I wish they'd all just die.  

Wait.

Extremists, whether they are white (or orange), black, Muslim, Christian or supremacists, are killing because they hate.  They want everyone who doesn't share their beliefs to die.

The only difference between them and I?  My actions.

Isn't that good enough?

No it's not.  Hate is hate and it fuels itself.

I will never claim to love someone who kills another but I am beginning to see the logic in feeling sorry for them.

I am someone who gets very lost to her emotions.  That goes to the extremes with her thoughts.  How am I any different?

The only thing that makes me different is the absence of pulling a trigger or pressing the red button.

To all those that hate;

I am sorry your hatred is all encompassing.
I wish I could help you.
I wish I could make it better.
I wish I could retrain your mind to see the good in diversity.
I wish I could show you the true value of all human life.
I wish I could help you see that fear does not have to be represented through hate.
I wish I could make you understand that even hatred does not have to lead to death.  
I wish I could make you understand that revenge and retribution do not change your story.  Your story remains exactly as it was told, now it just includes hatred.

I am sorry.  I wish you felt better.  I wish you saw the beauty in the human race as it is.  
















No comments:

Post a Comment