Wednesday, December 31, 2014

2015 Resolutions - I got this shit!

I will continue to work each and every minute of each and every day.  Trying to stay as positive as possible.  (If staying positive means yelling at strangers in fits of road rage, so be it.  I am not perfect). 
 
I will not hide my head in the sand about life.  About the reality that is life.  (The Kardashians are going nowhere, that's reality).
 
I will not pretend things are alright when they are not.  I will just accept them as not alright and work on a solution.  (I will yell when I need to.  But I will not throw stuff anymore.  I will wear my big girl pants instead). 
 
I will not sweat the small stuff.  (I have hot flashes, I sweat enough).
 
I will not whine when things are not alright.  (I will yell.  I already promised, see points above). 
 
I will take ownership for my own shit.  I will see the shit.  I will address the shit.  I will adjust my thinking about the shit.  And I will move on from the shit.  (That's me flushing life's big ol' toilet).  
 
I will not try to adjust my body to fit others ideas of perfection.  I will adjust my thinking to alter their misconceptions.  (Yep, I am confused too).
 
I will not blame those around me for my negative thoughts.  (It's my head.  There isn't room for your stuff in here.  The UHaul is rented, time to go).
 
I will be as healthy as happy can bring me.  And as happy as healthy can bring me. ( Nope, I didn't understand it either). 
 
I will not obsess.  (Really, I won't.  No seriously, I won't.  Are you listening?  I will not do it.  No really, I won't.  Maybe I will.  No, wait. I won't). 
 
I will not try to stop the aging process.  I will laugh until the laugh lines are as deep as the ocean.  (And when that happens I will research the effects of Botox thoroughly). 
 
I will try to dance in the rain at least once.  (Sober). 
 
And if all else fails.....
 
 
I will give it a go.  Will you?
 
 
 
And last, but certainly not least.  I promise to put this cartoon on my desktop screen to remind myself to lie on my back in the grass and pretend I am flying.   (Again, soberly).


 
 
Happy New Year everyone. 


2014 was a bitch.  I am going to make 2015 ma' bitch.  Thanks for reading.  Thanks for being a friend. 

Just, awwww shucks, *kicks at floor shyly*....thanks.


P.S.  In honour of two friends.  I will believe in Unicorns in 2015.   



No comments:

Post a Comment